13 October 2009

Random Line of the Day

I am currently sick as I write this, about six hours into medication. It's one of those illnesses where you break in and out of fevers and feel really tired, like your body's been pushed through mountains of ice and valleys of flame, and you come out of it not wanting to do squat - okay it's an analogy so I exaggerate, but you (hopefully) know what I mean - well, actually you hopefully don't, but only 'cause you haven't experienced it. <- Another of my patented rambles. Anyway, as I was laying on the sofa the other night resting, I turned to my caretaker and said, "I feel like I'm in a Katy Perry song." The immediate response was "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas?" If you're perplexed right now, I think that's the right reaction. I certainly was. How that lyric applies to me, I wouldn't know, and if you know me very well at all - I would guess that you do, considering that you're reading this blog - I would expect you to feel similarly. This is all even weirder if you realise that my caretaker almost certainly knows me better than you do. Anyway, I'm ranting again. "No," I said, and after running through all they lyrics in the aforementioned song (none of the lyrics applied, though I must admit I'd never heard the song before), my caretaker gave up and asked why, then, I felt as though I were in a Katy Perry song.
"I'm hot and I'm cold."
This got a lot more laughter than I think it deserved, but it was enough to make me post it here. And, I realise, with all my ramblings, this is probably a very poor example of my storytelling skills. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment